901 W. Greenwood Street
Abbeville, SC 29620
Phone: 864-366-5312 ext. 51
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
We apologize that the current GIS website is temporarily unavailable. We are in the process of designing a new improved GIS site, and anxiously look forward to having it online within the next few weeks.
Thank you for your patience. Questions about parcels may be directed to the Abbeville County Assessor's Office, (864) 366-5312, ext 51.
Welcome to the Abbeville County Assessor's Office. We hope that you will find the information on our site to be useful to you in understanding your property taxes. We have a total staff of four to help assist our citizen inquiries.
The primary responsibility of the Assessor's Office is to value real property for ad valorem tax purposes. This is so that we each pay our fair share of the cost of the services provided by paying tax in proportion to the value of our property.
The Abbeville County Assessor's Office has implemented a GIS system to better serve our county's citizens. It can be accessed by pointing your browser to http://gis.abbevillecountysc.com/abbeville/default.htm. Please read the notes, instructions and disclaimer carefully before you initially proceed. It is our hope that this effort will benefit our citizens and facilitate commerce and industry in Abbeville County.
Click a link below to find information on the following topics:
Function - the reason for our existence and our responsibilities.
Property Classification - how property is classified and the tax rate, as well as explanations of possible tax relief and/or exemptions.
- helpful explanations of terms used in real property taxation.
- explanation of the requirements to qualify for this tax relief.
- how property qualifies for a substantial tax break for bona fide agricultural use.
Roll Back Taxes
- explains how up to 5 years taxes are due on agricultural use property that is changed to a different use class such as a subdividion or commercial development.
- explains the process for the re-evaluation of all taxable real estate in the county as prescribed by state law.
- explains the process should you disagree with your fair market value, use classification, ratio, etc. Appeals based on the tax bill amount cannot be considered as grounds for an assessment appeal.
Multiple Lot Discount
- explains the criteria for special discounted value for subdivision lots that qualify.
- documents that can be printed from your computer and mailed or brought to our office.